Monday, April 11, 2011

Chasse Secrets Chapter 5

  "I know what I saw Mrs.Emma! I'm not crazy!". It was the next day and Sophie was just as shook up. "Now Sophie I never said you were crazy, I just said that I never saw any writing on the mirrors and I was the last person in the studio" Mrs.Emma replied. "Then why was the door open?" Sophie questioned."Maybe I was in the back getting a costume" Mrs.Emma said. "If that's true then why didn't you hear me?" Sophie asked. "I can't ever hear anyone when I'm in that back room" Mrs.Emma said. Sophie pushed her hair off of her face, clearly bewildered. "Sophie, have you been feeling overwhelmed or anything?" Mrs.Emma inquired. "What? No! I'm fine, really!" Sophie assured her "Well, good." Mrs.Emma replied. Sophie nodded at Mrs.Emma and slowly walked out of the office.
     She glanced around the lobby, gathering her hair into a ponytail and letting it gently fall. Then she turned back to go to the student room to change and was startled by Olivia. "A little jumpy, aren't we" Olivia quipped. Sophie caught her breath. "Haven't you heard?" Sophie asked her. "About what?" Olivia questioned. "Last night. I was in the studio looking for my cellphone. When I found it the lights went out and someone knocked my phone out of my hands and then the lights switched back on, and on the mirror it said" Sophie explained. "Something like 'Can you keep a secret Sophie?" Olivia quipped. Sophie stood there for a moment perfectly still. "How did you know that? The only person I've told is Mrs.Emma" Sophie said. "I have my ways" Olivia replied slyly. "Did you do that?" Sophie questioned. "Guilty" Olivia said a mischievous grin. "I don't know whether to be mad at you or relieved that it wasn't a psycho" Sophie replied. "I'd go with relieved" Olivia suggested. "But just how did you do it?" Sophie inquired. "Well I waited for Mrs.Emma to leave then I parked my car around back and I used my mom's key to unlock the back door and the rest doesn't matter" Olivia informed her. "You could have told me before I went and told Mrs.Emma. She thinks I'm crazy" Sophie said. "Well aren't you?" Olivia teased. "Funny" Sophie quipped. Olivia nonchalantly inspected her hot pink nails as though Sophie wasn't even there. "But why put that on the mirror?" Sophie asked. "Because, everyone has a secret Sophie" Olivia said with a wink. "Well I have to go change not, but I'll see you in class" Sophie said. Sophie started to walk toward the student room then Olivia called out to her. "Sophie, don't tell anyone it was me. I like to keep people wondering, plus I don't wanna get in trouble". "I know you were joking, I won't breath a word" Sophie assured her. Olivia smiled, watching Sophie walk away.
    "Hey!". Olivia whipped her head around to see Meredith strolling into the lobby. "Hey!" Olivia echoed. "What's up?" Meredith asked as she took the seat next to her. "Oh not much. How's the wedding plans?" Olivia questioned. "As well as can be expected. I get fitted for my maid of honor dress Saturday" Meredith informed her. "Maid of honor! How prestigious!" Olivia exclaimed. "Oh yeah! You see my mom was an only child as well so she doesn't have any sisters so she decided to pick me" Meredith explained. "So what's the theme?" Olivia asked. "The 20s" Meredith answered. "The 20s as in the roaring 20s?" Olivia inquired . "Yep! Flapper dresses and all" Meredith replied. "Why the 20s?" Olivia asked. "She's obsessed with The Great Gatsby. In fact I think she sent an invitation to Robert Redford" Meredith said. "Who's that?" Olivia questioned. "Never mind" Meredith replied. "So how are you feeling about your new step sister?" Olivia asked. "Hm well at first I wanted to move to Mexico and change my name to Maria, now I just want to make sure I lock everything in my room" Meredith quipped. "So you're taking it well?" Olivia teased. "Oh I'm fantastic!" Meredith replied sarcastically.
     "No, that would be me Mere" In came Dean. "You're a riot" Olivia quipped. "Don't be hating" Dean shot back. Dean crossed his arms and started peering around. "You lose something?" Meredith questioned. "Nah, I was just looking for Sophie, I thought we could practice some before class" Dean explained. "She's in the student room" Olivia told him. "How's you guys dance section by the way?" Meredith asked. "Pretty good, we're just having trouble with the lift, but it's gonna look really cool when we've perfected it" Dean replied. "Awesome! Can't wait to see it" Meredith exclaimed. "Well I have to go find Sophie, see ya!" Dean said with a casual salute. "See ya" they replied as he walked away.
   More students walked through the door. This time it was Bianca and Natalie. They sneered at Olivia and Meredith as they sauntered by. Then came Cassie. "Hello ladies" she said with a little wave. "How  are you?" Olivia asked Cassie. "I'm fabulous, I'm wonderful, I am splendid" Cassie remarked. "Any particular reason?" Meredith asked with an inquisitive smirk. Cassie sat down on the seat adjacent to them. "I met a guy" Cassie stated. "Who? Where? When? Don't spare any details" Olivia exclaimed eagerly. "His name is Luke, we met at a friend's party a couple of weeks ago" Cassie told them. "That's great! When do we get to meet him?" Meredith questioned. "Soon, I promise" Cassie assured them. "Well I'm very happy for you!" Olivia said. "Thanks! I am too!" Cassie replied. "I have to go to the bathroom, but I'll see you two later" Olivia told them and started to make her way to the bathroom.
    "So are you and Luke official?" Meredith inquired. "Well define official" Cassie asked. "Like has he told his friends about you?" Meredith asked. "Uh no. Just not yet!" Cassie replied. "I'm sure he will soon" Meredith replied trying to be supportive.
   "What's the story morning glories?" said Sophie, as she strolled into the lobby. "I met a guy!" Cassie exclaimed. "That's awesome!" Sophie replied with a genteel smile. "His name is Luke" Cassie informed her. "Luke, now that's a good name" Sophie remarked. "So how did your practicing go?" Meredith asked. "Practicing?" Sophie said, clearly perplexed. "Yeah, with Dean!" Cassie interjected. "I wasn't practicing with Dean, I never even saw Dean" Sophie said. "Then what took you so long?" Meredith questioned. "I was on the phone with my youth pastor talking about the next mission meeting" Sophie replied. "And you never saw Dean?" Cassie asked completely confused. "Never" Sophie told them. At that moment the same thought entered all three of their minds. What is Dean hiding?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment